GNOME MAKING ASSISTANT
As a Home Sweet Gnome team member your job duties will require you to complete various tasks of prep-work for the gnome making process including but not limited to: constantly working with your hands, cutting out patterns using a rotary cutter and mat, cutting patterns out by hand using scissors, pinning items to sew, gluing items using a glue gun, assembling subscription boxes and gnome making kits, assembling gnomes, sewing gnome hats & bodies on a sewing machine, and packaging orders. We cross train as much as possible, so you will also be required to perform any other miscellaneous job duties assigned.
- Having some experience with crafting, (even as a hobby) and working with your hands is a must
- Must have excellent attention to small details
- Must be able to use small tools, such as rotary cutters, scissors, etc. with ease
- Must have the hand strength needed to perform repetitive tasks with your hands for prolonged periods of time
- Must be punctual and have good communication skills
- Must be self motivated and be able to perform tasks independently
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism, much of the job requires learned skills and requires constant teaching and communication about the process for quality control purposes
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Must work well by yourself as well as with a team
- Basic internet/computer navigation
- Pass a background check and drug screening
- Sewing experience on a sewing machine a huge bonus, but not required. Priority will be given to those with sewing experience.
Hours required will be Monday-Thursday 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM however, if you have children we can work with you on leaving a bit earlier. Working some Friday’s may be required based on order volume and time of year. Friday hours will be within school hours (8:30 AM - 12 or 1 PM).
Starting pay is dependent upon experience, but will be $9.00+. We take many national holidays off and often take off school holidays depending on order volume. We pay four major holidays based on your current working hours for the weeks prior to each holiday. Extra take-home work may be available if you have a sewing machine and the ability to sew pieces from home. Take-home work is paid on a piece-by-piece basis.
Please do not email applications, emailed applications will be automatically discarded. Bring applications into our office at 60 E 100 N Suite #3 Richfield, UT to apply. Hours may vary slightly, but we are available M-Th 8:30 AM- 3:30 PM most weeks.